these things I's been readin'

Sunday, January 13, 2013

I'm a pretty fast reader, so the bulk of the reading I did during the school year was on my iPhone (yeah, ebooks!)  They were cheaper and it was easier to not carry around anything else with my already giant and heavy schoolbag, but lately I've been missing real live books.  There's nothing like the feel of paper and the heft of a book in your hand.
A few weeks ago, I spent a glorious hour at Book People, (the best book store in the whole world, y'all) and picked up an old favorite, a present for a friend, and something new.

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides is one of my favorite books of all time.  I let someone borrow it a few years ago and never got it back, so I figured I needed another copy.  Read it, people

A Practical Wedding by Meg Keene is a fresh, sane look at wedding planning.  Now, don't get all excited... I'm still very single, but my friend Angie is getting married and I think she'll love it.  I've been reading this website for a few years (why I read a wedding blog, I dunno...) and it has a great take on feminism and weddings.  Getting married?  Check out the site or buy the book, trust me.

How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran is (according to the New York Times) "a glorious, timely stand against sexism so ingrained we barely even notice it."  I didn't agree with every single word on the page, but it all made me think.  Love, love, love.
The prettiest book I've been toting around, however, is this notebook Evane gave me for Christmas.  It's got pretty (unlined! - which is important) paper and a sweet ikat cover.  I've been keeping it close for those moments when I need to jot down a brilliant idea.

Trust me, I've got lots of brilliant ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

genius, obviously. All rights reserved >>>>> © Blog Milk Design